Wandering Soul recently nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. While I am also not quite sure what this award is for (it’s a little vague, don’t cha think?), I am thankful that someone is recognizing my blog as worthy of any award. I truly appreciate the recognition and recommend that you visit Wandering Soul’s blog for some creative narratives and whacky alien speak.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions the person who nominated you provided.
- Nominate seven other bloggers.
- Create seven new questions for the people you nominate
- Display the logo somewhere on your blog – only if you want to. It’s an award! (Found that rule on the creator’s original post)
The following questions have been posed. I will do my best to answer them well.
- Which is your favourite movie and movie character?
To be honest, I don’t watch many movies. And the ones I do watch, I forget quite easily. I’ll have to pass on this one. Off to a rough start…
- What is your favourite book and the one lesson you learnt from it?
One of my main goals while wandering is to read books – lots of books. At some point in my life, reading fell very low on my priority list, so I feel I’m not nearly as well-read as I’d like to be. That being said, two books that really resonated with me were Shantaram and Atlas Shrugged. Shantaram taught me a lot about India and it’s people. It inspired me to explore and to love.
- If you could say one thing to one person – living or dead, what would that be?
I’m not in the habit of speaking to ghosts. If I wanted to say something to a living person, I would say it to them, not to you.
- What would be that one piece of advice you would like to give a new blogger?
- What is your biggest fear?
That if I die young (or old), people will wear black clothes and heavy tears to my funeral, rather than bright clothes and smiles. I fear they’ll mourn the absence of my life, not celebrate the life I lived.
I’d like to nominate the following wonderful blogs:
StuffHomemade – a great blog about homemade things (mostly cosmetics).
The Hibster – “Musings of a single globetrotting TCK Muslim woman with multiple lens and a macbook…” She writes beautifully and has a great perspective to share.
Blogmaniac – Vikram is a simple, beautiful soul. He loves all of us and it shows in his posts.
Loving My Pancreas – With posts about “health, happiness, and humor”, this blog began after the author lost her spleen, gallbladder, and half her pancreas. A beautiful write and inspirational person.
The Personal Blog of Henry Jones – news. opinion. an engaging writing style. I love this blog.
Nominees, please answer the following questions:
- What do you look forward to when you wake up in the morning?
- What has been your greatest blogging challenge?
- What are you most proud of?
- What is your biggest fear?
- How do you feel about Starbucks using plain old red on their cups around the Christmas holiday this year?